A healthy edit of Houston’s spinach & artichoke dip made Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lectin-Free, Vegetarian, and Keto.
This version uses fresh spinach, cassava flour, bone broth and real parmesan cheese to get the real flavor you love.
- 1 lbs fresh baby spinach (1 large box)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp organic onion powder
- 6 Tbsp organic butter (3/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 1/2 cups organic heavy cream
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 4 12-oz cans artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by blanching your spinach. Fill a large pot 1/3 full of water. Add 3 tablespoons sea salt. Bring to a boil and add all the spinach till fully immersed in the water. Drain immediately into colander and let cool. Drain as much water as possible from the spinach. Set aside.
- Using that large pot, prepare your cream sauce. Melt butter over medium low heat. Stir in garlic and activate for 30 seconds. Stir in onion powder, broth and cream.
- Slowly whisk in cassava flour. Continue stirring till combined and sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in parmesan, lemon juice and sea salt. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor, chop artichoke hearts to a coarse consistency. Stir in sour cream to the cream sauce, then add artichoke hearts and spinach in batches till well combined. Pour into a large 3-qt baking dish or cast iron skillet and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes till dip is bubbling and cheese has browned.
- This makes a large entrée size portion. You can bake the dip in two smaller containers and freeze half.
- You have to use the very best ingredients available to get the taste spot on. Keep that in mind when shopping for the onion powder, bone broth, parmesan and cheddar.
- If you don’t have a food processor, rough chop your artichoke hearts.
- Broil at the end of baking for up to 1 minute to get the cheese brown and bubbling.
Keywords: spinach artichoke dip in a cast iron skillet, healthy spinach artichoke dip, baked spinach artichoke dip, baked spinach dip, gluten free spinach artichoke dip, lectin free spinach artichoke dip, cassava flour spinach artichoke dip, fresh spinach artichoke dip, creamy spinach artichoke dip, no mayo spinach artichoke dip, spinach artichoke dip no cream cheese, how to make artichoke dip party size