This healthy Gluten-Free, Grain-Free chicken pot pie is made with cassava flour (yucca root). This easy crust makes it a delicious entree for anyone following a strict diet, such as Paleo, Keto, Grain-Free or Gluten-Free.
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Tbsp water
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups medium diced yellow onion (about 2 medium sized onions)
- 2 cups diced carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 2 cups diced celery (about 6–7 ribs)
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Tbsp cassava flour
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 5 cups cooked diced chicken (4 chicken breasts)
- ¼ cup diced chives
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pan. Saute onions for 5 minutes, stiring often. Add carrots, celery and sea salt and cook till vegetables are softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- In a separate small pot, add remaining 2 tablespoon of olive oil and 6 tablespoon of cassava flour over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine. Slowly add in broth, whisking till flour and broth are incorpated.
- Add broth mixture to vegetables, stirring till incorporate. Bring to a simmer, add chicken, peas and chives and turn off heat.
- Ladel mixture evenly into 6 individual deep dish, 13 ounce ramekins.
- Gently pie crust to top each ramekin. Brush with egg wash. Cut an X in the center of the dough to allow the filling to vent.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving, to allow the filling to firm up.
Keywords: gluten free pot pie, grain free pot pie, paleo chicken pot pie, keto chicken pot pie, lectin free chicken pot pie, healthy chicken pot pie, cassava flour chicken pot pie