This creamy dairy-free wilted kale is one of my favorite vegetable side dishes. It’s an easy week night side to prepare in less then 20 minutes.
- 2 bunches curly kale, chopped into 1inch strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1–13.5 oz can coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and stir till seared and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale in batches, stirring till wilted, then adding another batch.
- Stir in coconut milk and broth of choice. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Eat the kale stems. This recipe works great using all parts of the kale. Simply trim the ends of the kale, discarding the bottom inch. Chop the kale and stems into 1 inch pieces.
After searing the olive oil and garlic, and the chopped stems first. Letting them cook till warm and lightly seared before adding the leaves. This will help the stems soften up.
Keywords: coconut kale, warming kale, keto coconut kale, paleo coconut kale, vegan coconut kale, kale side dish, sautéed kale, kale and rice