This recipe is a modern take on the classic deli salad. Healthy curry chicken salad made with gluten-free pasta with fresh ingredients like celery, green onion, red onion, cilantro and parsley.
- 4 organic chicken breasts, bone-less, skin-less
- 1 cup sugar-free mayonnaise, such as Primal Kitchen
- Juice of 2 medium lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 T organic curry powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt & coarse black pepper, plus more for chicken
- 1 ½ cups celery, diced
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, small diced
- ¼ cup or more of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup or more of chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup unsalted dry roasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups Organic Penne Pasta with Turmeric by Andean Dream or preferred pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Season chicken breasts generously on both sides with sea salt and coarse black pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside when done. While the chicken and pasta are cooking, prepare the curry mayo dressing. In a large bowl combine mayo, juice of two lemons, sea salt and black pepper. Blend well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine celery, onions, parsley, cilantro, raisins and almonds. Toss to combine.
- Remove chicken from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Dice into 1-inch bite size cubes. Add chicken and pasta to the curry mayo dressing and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir till incorporated. Enjoy immediately or chill for 2 hours before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Dice the chicken when it is still warm and add immediately to the mayonnaise dressing. The chicken will better absorb the curry and flavors when its warm.
I cook the pasta for 11 minutes, till its cooked through but not soft and mushy.
Enjoy warm of chill for 2 hours before serving.
Remember, every spice companies curry recipe is different. Feel free to try different brands till you find the one you like. I use Frontier Co-op Organic Curry Powder with Coriander, Turmeric & Mustard. It is non-GMO, non-ETO and non-irradiated.
Keywords: curry chicken pasta salad, curried chicken pasta salad, gluten-free pasta salad, gluten-free chicken pasta salad, paleo chicken pasta salad, sugar free chicken pasta salad, healthy chicken pasta salad, cold chicken pasta salad, deli style chicken pasta salad, cold curry chicken salad, deli style curry chicken salad, cold curried chicken salad, deli style curried chicken pasta salad