The coconut kale is so savory and compliments the pop of color from the turmeric rice. The toasted coconut flakes add texture, and the roasted, salted cashews are savory and filling.
FOR THE TURMERIC RICE
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, small diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup Jasmine or brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable broth or bone broth
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup wide coconut flakes (no sugar added)
- ½ cup roasted and salted cashews
FOR THE COCONUT KALE
- See Keto Coconut Kale Recipe
- Wash rice in a sieve or fine mesh strainer, set aside to drain. Add coconut oil and onion to a small pot, stirring on low heat till onion is becoming translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, ginger and turmeric to pot and toast till almost all the water has evaporated off the rice.
- Add broth, pinch of sea salt, and bring to a boil. Place lid on pot, then turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes. Let rice sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, prepare Coconut Kale.
- Toast coconut flakes in a saucepan on high heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes till lightly browned.
- Build your bowl. Adding rice, kale, and topping with toasted coconut and cashews.
The turmeric flavor is very subtle. You may not taste it at all in this dish. Feel free to double the turmeric to 2 teaspoons if you want more of the anti-inflammatory health benefits.
Keywords: dinner, bowl, bowls, dinner bowl, vegetable bowl, coconut kale bowl, turmeric rice bowl, coconut kale and turmeric rice bowl, vegan rice bowl, plant based bowl, kale bowl