A healthy autumn minestrone soup recipe to enjoy all fall and winter season.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium diced
- 3–4 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 35-oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 6–8 cups broth of choice
- 1 14-oz can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, rough chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 box of pasta of choice
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, fennel, potatoes, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, stock and cannellini beans. Add salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Crush tomatoes with the back of your spoon. Let cook till potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cook pasta according to box directions.
- Add Swiss chard to soup. Divide pasta into bowls, or glass jars for meal prep. Ladle soup over pasta and enjoy.
For this recipe, my clients prefer Banza chickpea shell pasta. As pictured.
Keywords: minestrone, fall minestrone, autumn minestrone, fall soup, autumn soup, healthy fall soup, healthy minestrone soup