What are High Vibration Foods
High vibrational foods are those full of life force energy. It is the combination of the source and quality of your food combined with intention when preparing a meal. This includes organic vegetables, local fruit, whole heirloom grains or quality sourced poultry and fish.
We have the power to shift our food to a higher vibration so we can absorb the maximum cellular benefits and reenergize. I refer to all my recipes on Starseed Kitchen as high vibrational because it is all made with thoughtful ingredients and with intention. The intention I hold is for the meal to nourish myself or my client.
My recipes fall in the categories of Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten-Fee and Lectin-Free to cater to my clients as a Personal Chef. I avoid refined sugars, refined grains, and any additives reaching for whole foods, grass finished meats and well sourced ingredients that meet my high standards.
That way when I cook, I am already starting with a foundation of high vibrational food. My attitude in the kitchen, my joy while cooking, will elevate the flavor and health benefits to another level.
Here is an introduction to the energy of food and how you can use it to raise your vibration, feel your best so you can live your best life.
WHAT IS A HIGH VIBRATION DIET
This concept is less of a diet, and more of a lifestyle. It is simply eating whole foods, unprocessed. You may have heard of this concept referred to as the angel diet, yogi diet or starseed diet.
It is the concept of favoring vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, cold pressed oils and grass-finished and humanely raised animal proteins. Simply put, no processed foods, no refined sugar and oils, and no genetically modified foods.
HOW CAN FOOD AFFECT OUR ENERGY
We are energy and eating is simply a transfer of energy. We can fill ourselves with energy in many ways, like through yoga, a nature walk, breath work, meditation and eating whole foods.
Ever notice how you aren’t as hungry when you spend a day at the beach or at a park? But when you are in front of a computer all day, your starving. Two things are happening here.
When you are at the beach, barefoot, surrounded by nature, soaking up vitamin D, you are absorbing prana, life force energy. Your personal cup of joy is being filled up. Therefore, you need less energy from food.
When you are in front of a computer for 5+ hours, you are working, giving away your energy. Additionally, technology tends to absorb our energy. You are being depleted multiple ways so you and your body, conscious or not, is thirsty, hungry, and wants to be re-filled with prana.
With that in mind, we can control the type of energy we fill it with. We can set the intention of what we absorb when we eat. We can influence the energy, positively and negatively with our emotions, thoughts and the energy in our hands.
WHAT ARE THE ENERGETIC PROPERTIES OF FOOD
When understanding the transfer of energy from food, take a look at how food grows.
How might a meal full of greens and sprouts, make us feel? If you want to feel light, bright, with a spring in your step, you will reach for plants that grow up towards then sun. Leafy greens, sprouts, asparagus. Light vegetables and green juice physically help you feel lighter, eases the digestive track, and helps our energetic bodies lighten.
Vegan and raw diets have been referred to as yogi diets and angel diets because it allows your body to be more aware, more sensitive to energies, spirits, dimensions and spirituality.
Now think about the vegetables that grow into the earth, like carrots, parsnips, beets. These ‘root’ vegetables share energy the way they grow. They root us, help us ground, be steady, calm and connected to earth.
If you are feeling lightheaded, tired, dizzy, exhausted, root vegetables are great to enjoy. They help us get back into our body and ground to Earth. Some of those feelings aren’t always because we are overlooked, but because our energetic bodies are busy, traveling in and out other dimensions. Root vegetables help us be present, here and now.
WHAT DOES A MEAL FULL OF PROCESSED FOOD DO TO OUR ENERGY?
Each body reacts differently to processed foods and sugar. It depends on how full, or damaged, one’s filtration system is (such as the liver, intestines, lymphatic system, etc.). It can also do with how you are developed spiritually. Mediums, physics, empaths are all more sensitive to processed food.
For me, I can develop the following symptoms after just a bite of generic pasta, a basic store bought cookie or pastry. They include a sore throat, flushed face, red cheeks, puffy face, puffy fingers, allergy attack, itchy skin, bloating, gas, overall upset stomach, arthritic conditions in my body, night sweats, brain fog and the feeling of being hung over.
None of these feelings are OK. Nobody should feel this way and think that this is just a symptom of getting older. This is why these foods are considered low vibration.
HIGH VIBRATION FOOD LIST
- All food in its organic state
- Fresh, seasonal, organic or local fruits and vegetables
- Superfoods and medicinal herbs such as spirulina, chorella, maca, ashwaganda, moringa, reishi and more
- Pure or filtered water and water in glass bottles
- Herbal teas, twig teas, organic green tea
- Culinary herbs and spices that are organic, non-GMO and non irradiated
- Healthy oils and fats including olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and ghee
- Nuts, seeds and sprouts
- Seaweeds and Fungi
- Whole grains such as oat groats, brown rice, amaranth, spelt, freekeh, and millet
- Fermented Foods
- Raw chocolate
- Raw honey, maple syrup, dates
- Food prepared a variety of ways, including raw food, steamed, blanched, baked, roasted, grilled, dehydrated, and sprouted
LOW VIBRATION FOOD LIST
- Genetically modified (GMO) food, and conventional food that has been treated with chemicals and pesticides
- Food with natural flavors, added flavors, added coloring, and hydrogenated oils
- Food and supplements with citric acid
- Processed flours such as unbleached and enriched flour and white flour
- Sugars and artificial sweeteners
- Coffee that is not organic, from industrial farms and instant coffee
- Sodas and beverages with sugar, including ‘healthy’ drinks in plastic bottles
- Tap water or water from a plastic bottle
- Alcohol (wine on occasion if it’s organic, sulfite free and from bio dynamic farms)
- Grain fed meats, poultry fed GMO corn and soy and farmed fish
- Processed, packaged, canned and fast foods
- Unhealthy, processed oils such as canola, cottonseed, margarine, and vegetable oils
- Pasteurized cows milk, yoghurt and cheese not from organic sources
- Deep fried foods and microwaved foods
HOW TO FEEL THE VIBRATION OF FOOD
The balance test is my favorite way of teaching people if a food or product is right for them. If I pick up a product, read the ingredients, and don’t have an immediate knowing that this is the item for me, then I do this test.
This is great to do when buying vitamins, olive oil, vinegars, sauces, etc. I even use it for skincare. Don’t be embarrassed about taking a moment to stand and listen if it is right for you. I’ve been doing this practice in grocery stores and shops for many years.
How to test the energetics of food to see if it is right for you:
- Place your feet hip with apart, standing tall and balanced.
- Hold the item you are thinking about purchasing in your hands (such as a bottle of olive oil).
- Close your eyes and ask yourself if this is the right ‘olive oil’ for you.
- If you rock forward, that is a yes
- If you rock backward, that is a no
- If you don’t move it is ok, you can take it, put it back or look for something better
HOW TO INCREASE THE VIBRATION OF FOOD
How can you increase the vibration of our food, other than selecting high vibe ingredients? It is all about your intention and attitude.
I want to empower people to change the vibration of any meal they eat. Sometimes we get stuck in situations and we only have access to food we normally wouldn’t choose to eat (like when we travel).
By simply placing your hands around your plate, you can set the intention that the food will nourish you, make you feel energized, digest easily, and that after eating you will feel satisfied. Imagine white light from your hands, moving around the plate, into the food, and sending a glow way up to the ethers.
Hold that and give gratitude to the meal. Now sit and enjoy with no stress, guilt or fear about what you are eating.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Whitney Aronoff, a Holistic Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to the health supportive culinary school, The Natural Gourmet Institute, in New York City. I work as a personal chef and teach cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking.
My goal is to help people feel their best by sharing the delicious, healthy recipes I prepare weekly for my clients. I want you to have the energy to live your best life and fulfil your dreams.
As we become more conscious and make more quality food choices, our body, mind, soul and the planet benefits.